Friday 22 November 2013

Sprue Cutters #18 - Inspiration

 
 
Welcome once again to my blog. This weeks Sprue Cutters Union question is:
 
"- Where does the inspiration for your next build come from? - 
How do you decide what hits your work surface next? This doesn't need much more explanation than that. Just let us know your decision process in choosing your next project." 
 
Once upon a time I used to work pretty much randomly with both figures and models. This would be inspired by the figures/models themselves or what had inspired me that week. It could be movies, novels, chatting with friends or where my mind had rambled that week. Some times it is just a random pile of junk that should go to the rubbish bin and I get hit with inspiration. Put that there, glue this here...and suddenly there is a new project that seems to be taking a life of its own.
 
Things still work that from time to time. But these days I have plans of what I want to work on. You see I have several themes and settings. A wargames table needs a lot of terrain and a army or faction a lots of figures. So the only way to stay on track is to make some plans. The next figures and models are chosen from that plan. Of course that doesn't stop me doing the odd figure or model for fun when the impulse takes me.
 
If you enjoyed this post why don't you see what the other Sprue Cutters contributors have to say on the subject.
 
The Combat Workshop
Yet Another Plastic Modeller
Miniature and Model Painting


_____________________________________________________


Want to join the Sprue Cutters Union? Its simple. If you model and have a blog that is all you need to start. Just write a post in response to the weekly topic, copy the link in the comments section for that week's assignment and you're in! Check out more
detail about joining the Sprue Cutters Union.

3 comments:

  1. Good one, you sound like a good cook who can open the cupboard and make something from whatever they find. I enjoyed the read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm pretty sure you could make something that wouldn't look out of place on a gaming table out of pretty much anything bud!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I had your imagination Matt. I look at everyday stuff and only see everyday stuff!! lol

    ReplyDelete