Monday 20 February 2017

Warlord's Challenge 2017 - PA aircraft WIP

Over on the Post Apocalyptic Wargames Forum, the Warlord's 2017 challenge is to build a post apocalyptic aircraft. If you like the sound of it come join in the fun.

Link to 2017 Warlord's Challenge


Before this challenge was decided I thought to pick up a 15mm scale harrier kit. No real reason for the purchase. I am still getting my head into 15mm scaling so the kit was for reference. 

However I now think a crashed or abandoned Harrier would be a cool model. I am not a fan of high tech air power in a post apoc setting. They are notoriously difficult to maintain and drink fuel quicker than a Ruby Team in a free bar. 

First up assembly of the Revel snap together kit. I found this fiddly as bits keep popping off. If I was keeping the jet stock I would use a little super glue to keep it together. As such I assembled it and I left the stores/weapons off because if they pinged off one more time the kit would have seen the underside of my size 11 boot! 



There is a number of ideas in my head for this kit. 

1. A jet during the wars suffers a malfunction or runs low on fuel and is forced to land. In which case some of the stores may still be fitted, although pilots would probably emergency jettison them before a forced/emergency landing. 

2. A jet destroyed during the end. Maybe the blasts forced it out of control? 

3. The jet was shot down during the wars. 

The last two present the question of did the pilot jettison?  I have a few things to think about before work starts. 

Thanks for looking, stay safe out there.

1 comment: