Monday 30 December 2013

Happy New Year...Nearly.

I hope Dear Reader that you had a good Christmas - assuming of course that you celebrate it. If you don't I hope you had a good few days. As anyone who knows me will be able to tell you I am a fan of the dark time of year.

As the hustle and bustle dies down I find some time to update this blog. I hope Santa was good to you and you got some nice goodies. I was a lucky boy and got some very nice gifts. My lovely wife got me...

Dreadball!! 

I am looking forward to getting the figures made up and painted not to mention playing the game. My good lady is also interested in playing. Hopefully the new year will bring some reviews and game reports to my humble blog. As if that isn't enough she got also got me....

1/48 Gloster Gladiator kit.

This is a nice kit and comes with the Finnish markings and skids too. I am thinking it may make a good scout vehicle for my  Frozen Wastelands. My Lady also got me...

1/100 BA10 Soviet Armored Car Kit


This little gem will be used for my 15mm Sci Fi colonials. They need a little fire-support. It should be fun to make & convert. 

As if I wasn't lucky enough. My Sister in Law got me something good  hobby wise too...

Wargames Factory Zulu War British. I suspect my Good Lady had something to do with prompting this gift. I am a lucky man. These figures will bolster the British Thin Red Line on Mars in my VSF/Steampunk setting with a little converting. Goggles and revolver drums will be added to the rifles. One or two may get a face mask added. Some figures may even be used for my future Free Irish faction that I have planned. 

On top of this I have found a fair bit of materials to make more Sci Fi buildings and other gubbings. 

It looks like the plan for the coming  year have changed. I want to get the Dreadball teams made up. Work on my new Wastelands factions will commence. Many of the bodies for the Republic of Dan/Wasteocrates will be used from current mini collection. Another game for me to concentrate on is my Jugger teams. I would also like two make some Jetbikes for a Jet Bike racing game idea. 

The Sci Fi city and Frontier World buildings will be getting added too. I have a few bits of terrain in construction so I hope to display them soon. 

Well that's it. 2013 has been a year of ups and downs for me. Many lessons have been learnt and I hope that 2014 will be a good year for me. I start a new job too which I am looking forward too. 

I doubt that I will find the time to update my blog before the year dies. So I would like to offer you all a Very Happy and Prosperous New Year!! May 2014 bring you every happiness. 



Very Best Wishes to you All!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment