Sunday 31 August 2014

Wasteland Wondering 31-08-14


Welcome to another issue of Wasteland Wondering. I fear that I have been neglecting this blog for the last couple of weeks. So this is going to be a catch up and rather than posting loads of posts I am going to do it in one big hit! 

One thing I picked up was this rather good book....

I have Dampf's first book and I loved it. It is filled with great tutorials on building terrain and lots of ideas, tips and more. The second book is more of the same. There is lots of pictures and step by step guides. I of course am a huge Post Apoc and SF fan. There isn't much in these books for this type of terrain. However there is plenty to spark the imagination in this book. I am thinking of trying some of the builds but replacing the "traditional" materials with the types of materials folks might scavenge after the end of the world. 

Dampf's books are worth buying for anyone who builds terrain or just likes to look at eyecandy. The good news is that they are still available here.

I have been thinking about some bugs for my PA settings. You cant beat a swarm of giant rad roaches. So I invested in some of these critters...

"Bob! Look at these critters!!"
I found them on Amazon £1 for 10. So I got 30 for the suckers. 

"Arrghhh! Loads of them!.....Bob....are you wearing Doc Cosmic's pheromone spray again??"

"Bob!! RUN!!"

Here is a piece I made a few weeks back for my 15mm SF stuff.  It sat to one side and I forgot to record it for my blog. Doh! 


This started life a plastic seed pot. Anncoetti's resin doors, grills, windows and fans. Bits of card add details. Half an kinder egg pod makes up the dome. 


The comms dish is a plastic screw cover on a bit of plastic sprue. 


My After the End project has rumbled on. The mini collection has been raided and new gangs made up. Not to mention the joys of rebasing some figures. Expect a introduction to the gangs in the near future. 

I have got one figure painted...introducing Doc Cosmic.

Doc Cosmic is the Trader of Boxfort in the North Liverpool ruins... 



I got some new barricades made up.  


This model is made from old foam blocks. 


This one is scraps of polystyrene packaging made to look like the locals have piled up rubble form the ruins to make defenses. 

The wood pile

You need to keep warm on those cold wasteland nights. It will also make good cover around the settlement. This is made from scraps of balsa wood. 

Another Wreck:


Made from a old diecast toy I have hanging about for years. 

That's all for now for now...thanks for looking. 

1 comment: