Friday 1 January 2016

Happy New Year 2016!

Happy New Year to all those out there in blog reader land! May 2016 be an wonderful year for you and yours!

So what do I plan for 2016? Looking back at 2015 I did get most of the hobby things I planned done.

As the site owner of the Post Apocalyptic Wargames Forum, I have to dream up a 2016 Warlord's Challenge. Much skull scratching is going on.

My big inspiration at present is Fury Road and I plan to push on with my hotwheels scale post apocalyptic setting, Blood & Fire. I have just managed to grab some extra Dark Future cars and bikes off evilbay which will add to my planned forces. This setting will have limited and home made weapons. I wish to limit the arsenals of machine guns and the like.

I am in love with 15mm Sci Fi, so I will be pushing on with the Wild Galaxy setting. I did not get the Hammers Slammers Combat Cars, Jeeps or Blower Tanks started. A mix of weather and time didn't allow me to get to it.

In the hobby room lurks several 1/24 car kits awaiting attention. I hope to build them as Wasteland cruisers. Sadly I have dabbled with a couple of kits and I am not feeling the love for them. Maybe I should stop using superglue and try finding a odor free polystyrene cement?

28mm will remain my main Post Apocalyptic scale, however I will be dabbling in 15mm & 20mm scales this year. I do have a handfull of RT era Orks and some Wastelanders to finish.

I hope to get some games in this year, mainly for the Roach Jones campaign. The frozen wastes are also calling for a game or two. I have the boards now and I am eager to use them.

One thing 2015 saw me do was organise my figure collection. I have a pile of stuff I hope to sell if I ever get organised. Wait and see.

I hope you all have a happy, safe and prosperous 2016.

Thanks for reading.

1 comment:

  1. Happy New Year dude. Its been a great one viewing your projects both on here and on the forums. Here's to 2016!

    ReplyDelete